Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and volunteers at our events are required to agree with the following code of conduct. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
PixelPop Festival is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of guests or participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any PixelPop Festival venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter, and other online media. Members and event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event (without a refund) at the discretion of the PixelPop Festival event organizers.
Sponsors and exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible.
If you need to submit a complaint, concern, or otherwise need help in regards to the code of conduct, contact us or report to the registration booth or any PixelPop staff member or volunteer.
PixelPop staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your comfort and personal safety.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.